The Dating Channel: 20 Questions You Need To Ask!
Dating. Not my favourite pass time, but a necessary evil. Why so gloomy? Because I do not like wasting time with the plethora of self important or utterly uninteresting guys out there. I know how it sounds, but really, guys in there twenties... I could amuse you with lengthy anecdotes or a thorough description of types, but really that is not what I like to discuss today. Sometime ago I was on a date with a pretty decent specimen: Interesting - pretty funny - could ask questions. An anomaly as I would call it.
Now, one thing you must know. I am not the best dater out there either. I do not care about your motorcycle (as I am sure guys do not care about my HP addiction), or what kind of a car you have. (I am well aware I am talking cliches here). I like to know what kind of person you are. I want to know what drives you. What inspires you? What have you learned about yourself? Are you close with your family? Who are your friends? Why do you like them? What are your dreams? What would you do if you had 6 more months to live.
Yes, you can see the problem. I am absolutely way scary in the 'too intense' kind of way...But honestly, time is the most precious gift we have to give nowadays, you don't just throw that away.
So I am pursuing my own stubborn path of scary dating and challenge you to do the same. Here are the questions I would like to know the answers to, before investing time. Girlfriends or boyfriends. People you allow in your life in any kind of closer relationship.
- How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
- What makes you, you?
- If you could choose just one thing to change in your life, what would it be?
- What one piece of advice would you offer to yourself 10 years ago?
- If you received enough money to never need to work again, what would you spend your time doing?
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?
- What do you want most out of life?
- Who has had the biggest impact on your life?
- How many people do you truly love? What does that mean to you?
- What have you done that you’re most proud to have achieved?
- If you could choose anyone, death or alive, to share a meal with, who would it be?
- What can cheer you up? What makes you happy?
- Where is your favorite place to go on a weekday afternoon when you have no plans or obligations?
- What is the most important thing your parents taught you?
- What is the most important thing you want to teach your (future) children?
- Which day would you gladly re-live?
- What are you most afraid of?
- Have you ever had a great mentor? What did he/she teach you?
- What annoys you the most in people?
- Would you rather have an extra 200 euro a day, or an extra 2 hours a day?
Yes, all heavy stuff. Mix it in with some jokes :). I for sure am not looking for someone who claims to know all the answers, but in essence I want someone who wonders about these things as well and who thinks discussing this could make for an interesting conversation.
I wasn't built for small talk, I enjoy conversation.