Breakfast indulgence: home made granola
I always struggle keeping my morning sugar free. I blame nutella for my morning desire to eat something sugary. I have tried yoghurt and strawberries, but really that just doesn't do it for me. I need something more. I need some crunch sweet, guilt free granola! And here is my recipe!
- Choose the nuts, berries, and flavours you like. For me that is:
- A handful of cashew nuts
- A handful of walnuts
- Dried cranberries
- Vanilla extract
- Chop your nuts and mix all the ingredients together
- Add your fluids:
- Three spoonful's of walnut extract
- Two spoonful's of honey
- Mix your fluids with your nuts and berries. I warm up the honey to make the process easier. Make sure you cover every ingredient with fluids. If not, they will for sure burn in the oven.
- Add a handful of oats to the mixture. If the mixture is too dry, add some more honey or walnut oil.
- Put all your ingredients in a baking tin
- Bake your mixture for 10 minutes at 180°C, but stay near to the oven. The mixture needs stirring or it will burn! I think I burned at least 5 batches up till now. It really needs little time, but stay put.