Sweet, indulgent samosa's
Another pearl of Indian cuisine is the simple, but oh so tasty samosa. Usually a entree that can be either vegetarian or meaty delight. Today I want to share my recipe for the veggie one. Quick, easy and delicious.
What do you need?
- 3 potatoes
- A jar of peas
- A red pepper (spicy one)
- A red onion
- Pepper powder
- Brick pastry (square or round)
- 1 egg yolk
What's up next?
- Start by peeling and boiling the potatoes
- Dices the red onion and the red pepper and fry them up together with the cumin and pepper.
- Mash the potatoes and mix them with the peas and the stirred onions, pepper and spices.
- Cut up the koriander leaves and add to the bowl as well.
- Open a brick leaf and put egg yolk on the edges
- Put some of the mixture in the middle of the brick pastry
- Fold like a triangle and apply egg yolk on the edges to 'lgue' together
Now you can either fry or bake the samosa's as you like. I fry them off in a pan with olive oil and serve them with a spicy sauce and some extra koriander on top. Just because I can! :)